Your purchase has power and I think it’s important to remember that. Maybe not every time, but I think when an ethical decision can be made, it should be. We’ve come a long way with fashion and technology. We have the ability to find vegan leather and faux fur products that look just as good as the real deal. But with the BONUS that no animals and/or people were harmed in the making.
You’re building up good karma simply by shopping.
I’m not asking you to become a vegetarian or cut out leather goods completely, but I am asking you to evaluate your purchase. Ask yourself – is there an alternative? Can I find a product that I like just as much that doesn’t have some kind of negative impact? Why am I buying this product? Am I buying it for the brand name?
I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite ethically made products below. Hopefully, they can inspire you to make an informed purchase for the holidays or in the future. I know, I’ll be adding these to my wish list.
These companies prove that you can be chic and sustainable.
- AUSTIN VINTAGE FRINGE JACKET (HARPER+LANGE)
- VERONIKA TOTE (FREEDOM OF ANIMALS)
- ORBIT RING (WESTLAND JEWELRY)
- ORGANIC BAND (WESTLAND JEWELRY)
- JOLIETTE – CHILI BOOT (MATT & NATT)
- QUEEN BEE LIPSTICK (BASIC BITCH COSMETICS)
- COTTON QUILT SNAP-T PULLOVER (PATAGONIA)
- INGA FRINGE ANKLE BOOTS (HARPER+LANGE)
- TASSEL KEYCHAIN (FREEDOM OF ANIMALS)
To give you even more socially conscious choices, I have some honorable mentions: